Thursday, January 28, 2016

Allow me to introduce myself....


So. Here it goes.
I have finally decided to start doing a blog. 
I am interested in all things to do with makeup and beauty, and consider myself a bit obsessed.

I'll start off by saying my love for all things makeup started with my love for nail polish. I have always worn makeup and nail polish but never considered it my hobby until about 6 years ago. It started with nail polish that I bought with the little liner brushes at Walmart by Kiss. They were so awesome. I really loved having the ability to do my own nail art at home, getting them done professionally was too costly for me, so this was a great alternative that fit my budget. 

Slowly but surely my nail polish collection grew, and grew....and grew..., and although I have seen people with 1000's, I'm at about 500 now. And as for a budget...that kind of went out the window as I got collecting.
This is an older picture (3 years ago), but this is a shelf I made for my nail polish. As you can see the shelves are not very straight. I'M NO CARPENTER! :

In the beginning I also fiddled around with acrylic-which now I'm not into at all. For me, it was hard to keep up, and really stinky. Not to mention I never had professional training so I would practice on myself (and sometimes willing friends) and ruin my nails. Lesson learned. Here's an example of the acrylic stuff I did a few years back:

As you can see in the picture it's tagged with flashnails, that's my old name I picked but it didn't really catch on.
I love using hard gel and gel polish still from time to time, and I've had much more practice, and it is less stinky :) 

My love for makeup has really grown as well. I have an acquaintance who is local to me who also is a beauty blogger-she has wayyyyy more experience than myself ;)- she has given me a ton of awesome deals on good quality makeup to help my grow my stash, as well as some helpful info on all this blogging stuff.
I do subscribe to beauty boxes, I love them! Although recently I cancelled my Ipsy bag. Don't get me wrong, I loved pretty much everything I got, but I'm Canadian so the shipping killed me (almost $21.00 compared to $14 and change). So in the next couple of weeks I'll be trying out the Canadian Birchbox for awhile and see how I like it.

I love to try all different types of styles, and I try to be adventurous (some days are better than others). Here's an example of my day to day:
 For this look I used the Naked 2 palette by urban decay. A Classic!! And on my lips I used The Balm cosmetics Matte Hughes long-lasting lip color in Committed and Sephora liquid liner.

When it comes to reviewing I am a bit of a novice, although, I do have quite a reviewing record at Chickadvisor.com. I have had the opportunity to review quite a few items from them now and I am actually waiting on a product in the mail! It is for Maybelline Velvet Matte foundation with their new beauty blender, so that will be my first official blog review!!

I hope to be able to bring you some fun and well said reviews on many different types of beauty products, so subscribe and stay tuned!!!

-liz

No comments:

Post a Comment